Monday, April 6, 2009

More Music Dammit!

Was downloading a few songs I've tagged in Shazam recently and realized that it's been a while since I asked Twitter for some new recommendations (I still have $85 worth of iTunes credit). Of course I got lots more great recommendations. See for yourself...

  1. Carla Schlemmingercarlainsf@AaronStrout For your list: B-Tribe, album "Spritual, spiritual"; Ray La Montagne; Musiq Soulchild; Fleet Foxes; Brett Dennen
  2. sdigregoriosdigregorio@AaronStrout I'm currently obsessed with Bon Iver, MGMT, Phoenix and, well Bowie - but I'm a Ziggy Stardust kind of girl all the time!
  3. Libby BischofLibmacbis@AaronStrout I'm considering the Adventureland soundtrack [great 80s tunes] and have been semi-loving Bon Iver and Regina Spektor of late.
  4. Derek Peplaupeplau@AaronStrout Grand National's "A Drink And A Quick Decision" & Matt Pond PA's "Several Arrows Later".
  5. Craig Sapercsaper@AaronStrout Good new music: Ladyhawke, Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band, William Fitzsimmons, Lenka, Silversun Pickups and Doves
  6. Eli Juicy JonesJuicyJones@AaronStrout the new Decemberists record. It's great.
  7. Mike LangfordMikeLangford@AaronStrout Do you have "Loungin'" by Guru? If not get it. Also, "The Denial Twist" by The White Stripes.
  8. Libby BischofLibmacbis@AaronStrout--the new Decemberists album--"The Hazards of Love." They're fantastic. This album is a folk rock opera.
  9. Paul Philppphilp@AaronStrout Yeah Yeah Yeah's Zero
  10. Anti JobAnti_Job@AaronStrout - Anything 80s. Siouxsie B-sides. Anything Parliment
  11. Mary_RobertsMary_R_Roberts@AaronStrout I hear you, it is sooo easy to just click buy? Actually watched Slumdog Millionaire on my Ipod since I "bought" it!

3 comments:

  1. Gotta second the Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes Recommendations. bot h heavy rotation in my house.

    Also for new(ish) stuff (well, stuff I have been listening to you might want to spin)?
    Black Keys- attack and Release
    Raconteurs- Consolers of the Lonely
    Paul Weller - 22 Dreams
    Soundtrack of Our lives- Communion
    Portishead- Third
    Last shadow Puppets- Age of the Understatement
    Eli "Paperboy" Reed - Roll with you (some good screamin' 60s style R&B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some nice recommendations there. I say go for Death cab Cutie there I will possess your heart song is so addicting and they are a great band

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug - a belated "thanks" for some great recommendations.

    Justin - DCFC is a good choice. I will possess your heart is already in my iTunes library and I agree, it is super addicting.

    ReplyDelete