Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Experts in the Industry: Aronado Placencia (72 of 45)

Heh heh... Mr. Aronado. Your time has finally come. After a couple of interviews with you on Lucky Startup (now StartupLucky), it's nice to be able to return the favor. For anyone that's not familar with @Aronado - his moniker on Twitter, he's a pretty funny dude. He's also one of the hardest working guys in the socialsphere.

I first met Aronado about a year ago via Twitter when he regularly told me that I should hire him. While I wasn't able to make that happen, I appreciated his persistence. Fortunately for him, he's ended up in a better place running his own gig at StartupLucky, a company that focuses on "connecting startups with education, inspiration, & funding." They also do a kick ass set of interviews on their show.

With that as a backdrop, let's hear how Aronado answered the five questions in the Experts in the Industry series:

In one sentence, please describe what you do and why you’re good at it.
I give startups a free & live platform to pitch their ideas/concepts to investors, customers, and potential business partners.  I am good at it because, I have been rejected over & over & over and know exactly what these guys are going through. 

How did you get into the world of online community, social media or social marketing?
After owning two brick and morter businesses ( a restaurant, Daddio's Superior Bar & Grill and a Real Estate company, Xponential Exclusive Properties)  I thought, my God, if there is a way I can create a business online and work from anywhere in the world, I am IN.  So, I jumped in. 

If you had $10 million to invest in one company and one company only based on their use of “social,” which company would it be and why?
Probably Zappos a few years back.  Why? because they have immersed themselves in the social space and individually the employees have the freedom to be "themselves".  This is HUGE and, obviously, it has worked. 

Which business leader, politician or public figure do you most respect?
President Obama...c'mon! This man has stepped into the shittiest job in America in terms of how things were handed to him.  He has rolled up his sleeves and he is DOing what he thinks is right. 

# Would you join a toothpaste community? Why? 
No, because I really don't care that much about toothpaste.  I mean I use it but...

Freeform – here’s where you can riff on anyone or anything – good or bad. Or just share a pearl of wisdom.
Look, we're all learning here.  All I want to say is repeat after me: 

"My goal is to be as "ME" as I can be"  Nothing more, nothing less, just be who you are in any space.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me here Senor Strout!! Now, hire me dammit!!! hehehe

    cheers!
    Aronado

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I look at this post I think, "who is that handsome feller." Then I remember, "oh yeah, that's that cool cat, Aronado." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud...proud...proud...

    ReplyDelete