Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mr. Transparent

In today's Boston Sunday Globe, I was quoted in an article about the impact of social media during recessionary times. In particular, I talked about how important it is for businesses to be "proactively transparent," especially in the event that a reduction in force is required.

Unfortunately, the way I was quoted in the article makes it sound like I was calling into question the comittment to transparency and thus, the ethics of a good friend and former employer of mine, Barry Libert. For this, I am truly sorry for two reasons:
  1. Barry has taught me a tremendous amount over the last three years and has helped me grow both personally and professsionally. For this reason, I will be eternally grateful to Barry and the lessons he's taught me.
  2. Barry is one of the most transparent people I know. In fact, he is the inspiration for my regular use and demonstration of transparency at my currrent company. Anyone that has ever read my blogs knows this about me.
So just for the record, I AM still a big believer of transparency -- as is Barry. And that's why I feel like it's so important for me to right this wrong, even if it was the furthest thing from my original intention. I'm going to go ahead and chalk this up as a "lesson learned."

Best,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment