Saturday, September 19, 2009

Better Late than Never: Brogan Interviews Strout


When I first joined Powered Inc. last November, one of the first tactical things we did on the PR front was to announce my arrival at the company. One of the things our agency (pre-SHIFT) recommended was picking an A-list blogger to interview me. Given my pre-existing relationship with Chris Brogan, combined with his focus on inbound marketing, I thought he'd be the perfect person.

Fortunately, Chris was only at 200% capacity at that point since he had yet to publish his NY Times bestselling book, Trust Agents, with Julien Smith. The podcast itself is fairly raw (thanks to friend, Jim Storer, who did some light editing) but I was pleasantly surprised at how relevant it still is. Particularly since I had only been at Powered for a little over a month so I was on the early part of my knowledge ramp.



If you're an advocate of content marketing (hint hint Ann Handley, Simon Salt, Natanya Anderson and Joe Pulizzi), I'd love to get your thoughts in the comments below.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, two of my favorites! Nicely done Aaron. Is it March yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron...thanks for spreading the content marketing gospel. Keep up the great work.

    Best
    Joe Pulizzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney - thanks! And no, but March and SXSW will be here before we know it. ;)

    Joe - nice listening (double sense of the word intended). Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete