Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Experts in the Industry: Stowe Boyd (16 of 45)

I met Stowe Boyd, long time Blogger and Principal at /Message, about a year and a half ago at the Office 2.0 Conference in San Francisco. Stowe was leading a session (can't remember which one) but I distinctly remember thinking, "wow, this guy thinks some big thoughts." Since then, I mostly keep up with Stowe via his blog posts and his Twitter stream but look forward to bumping into him at events like Enterprise 2.0 and SXSW.

As a side note, Stowe officially wins the "most creative" award for his answer to question number three in the Experts in the Industry: 45 Interviews in 45 Days series:

In one sentence, please describe what you do and why you're good at it.
I am obsessed with socials tools -- their design and use -- and their impact on business, media and society, and I have been working at that since 1999 when I coined the term.

How did you get into the world of online community, social media or social marketing?
I started blogging in 1999: where did all these people come from?

If you had $10 million to invest in one company and one company only based on their use of "social," which company would it be and why?
Twitter is the best example of streaming or flow apps, and the most important social applications of the next ten years will all be based on streaming and flow.

Which business leader, politician or public figure do you most respect?
Winston Churchill and Bugs Bunny in the dead and imaginary categories; but for living and breathing, I would say Al Gore.

Would you join a toothpaste community? Why?
No, I don't think so.

Freeform – here's where you can riff on anyone or anything – good or bad. Or just share a pearl of wisdom.
I am made greater by the sum of my connections, and so are my connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment