Thursday, February 5, 2009

Experts in the Industry: Peter Naylor (11 of 45)

Peter Naylor, SVP of Digital Media Sales at NBC Universal (heard of them) has lived in the world of digital for a LONG time. At least for the 10+ years that I've known him. In fact, Peter and I first met when he joined the board of a Boston-based group called Boston Interactive Media Association (BIMA). While I don't see or talk to Peter as much as I would like these days, it's nice to know that he'll still take my e-mails.


In one sentence, please describe what you do and why you’re good at it. 
I'm ad advertising sales executive and I'm good at it because my customers see me as a business partner rather than a salesman. 

How did you get into the world of online community, social media or social marketing? 
I reading "being digital" by Nicholas Negroponte in 1996 and it made a ton of sense to me. 

If you had $10 million to invest in one company and one company only based on their use of “social,” which company would it be and why? 
Nikes use of social media around Nike+ is a superior use of social media so they would get my $10 million. 

Which business leader, politician or public figure do you most respect? 

Would you join a toothpaste community? Why? 
No. It would be silly unless I was a dentist.  

Freeform – here’s where you can riff on anyone or anything – good or bad. Or just share a pearl of wisdom. 
if you are a manager of people, there are two ways to tell the team you care about them. First, promote from within. Second, fire the assholes. The team will thanks you for both actions every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment