Friday, November 13, 2009

Quick-n-dirty Podcast Recap 22: It's Been a While


It's only been four weeks but it seemed like forever since my co-host, Jennifer Leggio, and I teamed up for our weekly Quick-n-Dirty podcast show. After two guest hosts (Cathy Brooks and Greg Matthews) and a week off, Jennifer and I were ready to get back into the saddle and I think for the most part, we succeeded.

Having guest, Jeremy Pepper, on the show didn't hurt. Jeremy is not only smart and insightful (sometimes inciteful) but not afraid to "call 'em like he sees 'em." Both Jennifer and I appreciate this in a person, especially when they came from a background of "Big PR." During the show, we had a chance to ask Jeremy what the "new" PR looks like which lead us down a path of the "do's" and "don't's" of relationship building. We also did a lot of laughing (apologies to the audience for that).

Beyond that, we covered off on social video hosting site, blip.tv (no relation to blip.fm). Jennifer hadn't used it before so she didn't have much to say (even if she did - her verbose co-host probably woulnd't have let her) but I liked it. Bottom line, when you have a video that's over 10 minutes long, this is a great alternative to Youtube.

We gave props to writer, podcaster and entrepreneur, Jeff Cutler. If you don't know him, check out some of his work here, here and here. I have to say, many of our "featured Twitterers of the week" are usually happy to be featured but Jeff's Twitter response once he found out he was the guy was hilarious...
@AaronStrout: How? Why? #notworthy #blushing #thanktheacademy #ifnotforthehardworkofothersIwouldn'tbehere
Jeff, we're glad to have made your day!

We wrapped up with our signature point / counterpoint focusing on the increasingly important topic of "is everyone on your social network a friend?" In this case, Jennifer summed it up by saying, "you're just nicer than I am Aaron." Her point was, I am friendly with (and follow back) a lot more people than she does. This was true but I also pointed out that at least the people that she did "connect" with knew that they were really in Jennifer's "friend" bucket. Bottom line for me, I've seen that the serendipity of connecting with tons of people has outweighed the cost of managing those same relationships. But of course I totally respect Jennifer's position. See, we just agreed again. Damnit!

If you missed the show, you can check it out here. You can also read re-caps of the show on Jennifer's blog and here on Stroutmeister.com. Be sure to tune in next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment