Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Samsung Curates SXSWi on their Media Wall

No, this isn't my annual South by Southwest (SXSW) wrap up post. Instead, this is a little shout out to my friends at Samsung, a company I've admired for a while now. I don't have any formal relationship with them although they were kind enough to make me a VIP of the Blogger Lounge, one of my all time favorite places to hang out (and yes, that included a little high-end schwag).

Full disclosure aside, one of the things I love about this company is that they are doing something really smart with their sponsorship dollars at SXSW. Instead of just sponsoring a booth or putting up some giant signs, they worked with JESS3 to create something called the media wall. In the two videos below, I talk to Samsung social media manager, Esteban Contreras, about how they are curating -- one of my favorite topics -- the best of the best content [twitter, Flickr, SlideShare, check-ins, conference sessions, etc.] and posting it up on a giant wall.

Also good for all you SXSW goers who wish they had a way of collecting the best of what SXSWi had to offer, this feed should help.

In the first video clip, you'll hear Esteban talk about the Samsung feed/video wall.




In the second video clip, we'll get to see the wall up close and see the beautiful screen of awesome in full effect.



Thanks again to Samsung for helping make my SXSWi a better experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment